Sunday, January 10, 2010

Does luck exist?

If it does, I am going to go ahead and accept that I am not lucky by nature, by nurture, science, or any other way for one to be deemed "lucky". I kind of always knew I was unlucky; I always got the short straw, I never won at bingo, and my parents kept having more kids (kidding, I love my siblings:). However, I feel I would have gotten a lot more presents at Christmas if I didnt have to share the spotlight.
I did cheat at bingo once as a kid, yeah pathetic I know, but I really wanted a piece of candy. The worst part was that I didnt even feel bad for cheating, which was just a foreshadow of my life, showing me that I would do just about anything for a piece of candy.
Anyways, its quite simple really; just write down the numbers as they are called, yell "BINGO" and then read off the numbers you wrote down. I mean, who is going to question a second grader anyways? No one could possibly want a piece of Bit O’ Honey that bad... Apparently I did.
Does luck exist? If I could define luck, I would say that it is an emotion that someone places on a particular situation where someone "receives" a better outcome or opportunity than another person of equal ground. Luck pisses me off, mainly because I do not get to experience it... I believe in luck though, because if I didnt believe in luck then I wouldn't understand why some lazy idiot would get a promotion before me or why that 24 year old down the street won 46 million from our local 7 Eleven Mega Millions and I just ended up spending 5 more bucks on my 12 pack to contribute to his winnings. Complete Bullshit. Some like to argue though that luck does not exist, it's just a mere coincidence that some people are just given better opportunities than others. Why not just call "a mere coincidence that some people are just given better opportunities than others" luck and stop arguing... Im too tired to argue, I am still bitter about that 46 million... And bingo.

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit... Bit'O'Honey... wow. Those were "sweet". Pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there's definitely lucky and unlucky people out there. But I'm glad you didn't feel bad for cheating at Bingo. Cheating is just creating your own luck.

    ReplyDelete