Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Either you are or you’re not.

Me vs. Craigslist

OK, maybe not me versus the actual site itself, but the creepy con-artist breeding community that lies in the background; preying on the innocent and feeding off of "Missed Connections" in hopes to be re-connected with “girl in red volkswagon who turned left that one day”. Craigslist has made me skeptical of everything internet. Don’t get me wrong, Craigslist has treated me well on more than one occasion. There was that one time in the summer of '05 when I wanted some extra "going out" money, so I sold my Family Guy DVD’s. Creepy buyer called me for 3 months straight asking me things that creepy people ask... I had to change my number. Well maybe that was a bad example of the good CL has brought me. Hmmm.. Well, there was also the time when my long distance boyfriend and I broke up so I sold my webcam, I bought it for $60 and sold it to creepy guy #2 for $75, I was pretty excited and the sale was totally worth the 100's of XXX rated emails I recieved from creepy guy #2 for the next year and a half.

Most people are repulsed by the graphic posts, such like “guy with 9inch penis who seeks place to put it”, but you know, I say kudos to you “guy with 9inch penis who seeks place to put it”!!! At least you are being honest! What I do not give kudos to is being sent to a fake interview where I show up and they put me in some weird room with 10 weird people, make me watch a 2 hour "company" video and then proceed to initiate me into their cult.. THAT’S what I do not like… At least if I would have responded to “guy with 9inch penis who seeks place to put it”, I would have known what I was getting into.

Now that I am no longer on the ultimate job hunt (Woo Hoo!), the ultimate apartment hunt has been occupying my time (*sigh* it's always something). Apartment hunting on Craigslist is just about as bad as the job hunting on Craigslist. Here are my main issues: First of all, NO PICTURES, really?!?! IT’S REAL ESTATE, show me some damn pictures so I don’t waste my gas driving to your shithole apartment that you claimed was “recently updated and really cozy”- IT’S A GARAGE WITH CARDBOARD OVER THE DOOR!! If you would have just said it was where you used to park your car, or HAD A PICTURE I would have known and I wouldn’t have spent the afternoon angry and out of gas. Second of all, when I put “$1500” as my desired price, do not try and trick me with “$1500” in the headline and then when I click on you it states “$1500 a week!!!!”- A) That’s not a steal and B) You don’t think I am going to notice that I am actually paying quadruple the amount of rent I intended?! I’ll just be all like “oh, you want more money- here rape my wallet, apparently I just throw money around" And last of all, do not tease me with “Downtown loft $489 a month!” and show me some awesome picture of a sky rise I would give my first born to live in (literally, I would have to give my up first born – have you seen how tiny those places are?). I know it’s not really $489 a month, you can’t rent a parking spot in CA for $489 a month. So what are you? Are you bored and just taking pictures of really nice lofts to trick people? If so, tricking them into what? (People kill over things like that, so you better watch yourself). OR are you really in collaboration with the Craigslist fake job postings and this is just another avenue for you to lure me into your cult?

Either way,

All I really want is a nice place to put my things at night so no one steals them when I sleep. So all I really ask community of Craigslist is this, Just be real.

Because either you are or you’re not.

btw: I google imaged "being tricked into a cult" and this is what I got. You're welcome:

No comments:

Post a Comment