Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Old People and Time Warner

Old people love McDonalds breakfast, and when I say love, I literally think it’s the only thing they are living for at that point. I watched a woman, let’s say she was about 160 years old, count out all her pennies to pay for her coffee yesterday morning. After the senior discount, McDonalds coffee really doesn’t amount to much, so the counting of the pennies part isn’t the bad part. It’s the time it took her to take each penny out of her purse, decide whether it was an actual penny or not and then move at whatever the opposite of the speed of sound is to get the penny to the counter (imagine this 95 pennies later). I really, really just wanted to pay for it myself and get it over with, but the last time I did that for an old person I got yelled at (live and learn). I did ask really loudly “DO YOU GUYS STILL STOP SERVING BREAKFAST AT 10:30!?” (mind you, it was 6:12am, but you never know and I don’t know what this ladies intentions were). Ok, this may have been a little harsh, but my time is valuable (as you may know, I have to leave my place, to go another place, to make money, to pay for the place I just left, so I can store my things at night, so people don’t steal them while I sleep) plus I get really cranky when I don’t eat; so my actions were pretty justified. I think.
Finally, after my immature (yet totally justifiable) temper tantrum, I got served… and then I got my breakfast. *(very few people will get that last statement, but if you did, please see attached form to claim your prize).

I was told yesterday by a wise and talkative man, that if you take care of your body you can live to be about 120... Ummm… No. Thank. You. At 28, I can barely remember where I parked my car, my back hurts and I have migraines, and I can’t drive (this could also be due to the fact that I am half Asian, but that’s not the point here). Anyways, what are you going to do different from 88 yrs old to 120 yrs old? Personally, I get bored easy, I am lucky if I make it through just a regular Wednesday, not alone thousands of Wednesday’s (I am no mathematician, but I am pretty sure thousands of Wednesdays equals 120 years, or so). Don’t get me wrong, I lead relatively exciting life, but you have to REALLY be able to entertain yourself if you are going to live that long, and to be honest, I don’t know if I am up to the challenge.

Also, I hate Time Warner.

And I bet old people hate Time Warner too.


*Prize Claim:

1 comment:

  1. Raina, you make me smile as usual! I love how McDonald's breakfast is incorporated in YET AGAIN!! (Do we see a pattern here?) One question though, were you late to work since you stopped for your Egg McMuffin??? lol I don't know if I ACTUALLY got the end joke, but I do live in the Burgh now and I ALWAYS get served before I get my food!!! lmao And lastly I hate to break it to you, but being ANY asian at all does mean you can't drive!! I love ya Raina, please keep me smiling!

    ReplyDelete