Friday, October 1, 2010

Free Range

So I decided to take the long journey of becoming meat free during the month of October. This should be interesting considering how much I love my meat… I mean, it’s a past time (my father used to hang raw deer in the garage to make deer jerky for goodness sakes! and I was into it), a present time and I thought it was going to be a future time as well. And it very well may be, but for the whole month of October I am going to be meat free, Facebook free and partially alcohol free (I mean, its football season, let’s be realistic).

I had to start blogging again because I have no idea what to do with all the free time I am going to have without the 300+ status updates per hour I get on Facebook or the 10+ minutes a day I spend “liking” someone’s comment or photo album OR you would be surprised how much time I spend eating meat.

Plus finally I’ll give my poor boyfriend a rest on my Facebook envy, that’s what I call it at least… It’s when you want to do/ have everything everyone else is doing/having. It could be anything from a vacation in Ibiza to eating Pho for lunch, if someone is updating about it, I want it. Hell, every time someone updates they are having margarita’s, I HAVE TO HAVE a margarita!! And I’m allergic to them…. That’s prime example of Facebook Envy. And like you, Ive never wanted to admit it.

So I was trying to figure out how I was going to get the push I needed to not sneak beef jerky under my desk at work and I finally found the solution: Meet Your Meat
Watch it and weep people… Or at least that’s what I did, mid turkey sandwich in my mouth. (and no, I didn’t finish it- as a matter of fact, I started being vegetarian a whole 24 hours earlier than expected.)

This is going to be a long 31 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment