Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Team Lorraine

Day 13 of no meat and surprisingly I am fine with it- unless I get really hungry. If I let myself get to the point where I am in starvation mode (FYI: starvation mode to me is about 2 hours after the last time I’ve eaten—I know, I would never last in a third world country) Anyways, when I am STARVING I am tempted to eat straight out of the butcher’s section at Von’s. As a matter of fact, I finally had my first dream about meat 2 nights ago (trust me, sounds weird, but if dreaming is the only way I can have meat this month… I’ll take whatever I can get) So anyways, I’m having this dream, where you know you are at your house but really it’s like something drawn out of a Tim Burton film (well that’s how it is in my dreams anyways) So I am hiding in the corner of my Burton style room eating raw ground beef with my hands, just shoveling it in my mouth… Then I look down and its no longer ground beef, it’s that pink looking ice cream crap that’s mechanically processed chicken (see pic from last post). That’s when I woke up sick to my stomach. Surprisingly I was ok eating the raw ground beef, but the raw poop chicken just threw me over the edge. I will probably never eat another chicken nugget again. But I am looking very forward to my next burger.

Enough about meat, let’s talk Facebook… 12 days and no Facebook, except one account where I uploaded a picture directly from my phone (no login required because my phone is automatically linked up to basically everything, it’s probably linked up to all your stuff too, it’s THAT involved) Anyways, so I took a picture and then I pushed the upload pic button (thats on my camera home screen) and it went to Facebook (I know, its like magic). Never did I see the post or a login screen or that pretty blue framed webpage, I just wanted to show off the awesome harvest moon flowers Jamie sent to me at work. Well, my sister says this is cheating. So I have to confess that I may have cheated on the no Facebook for 31 days thing. Although, I’ll let you be the judge since the whole reason I am “cleansing” from Facebook is because I do not want to know what’s going on in everyone’s life at every given moment (Ok, I DO want to know, that’s the whole reason for the cleanse, but point is, I haven’t looked at a single status update or photo album for 12 days now ). Hell, I have probably missed hundreds (possibly thousands) of party’s simply because I have no idea what “events” are even taking place. So, to me, I have not cheated (yet) If you agree with me, there are “Team Lorraine” tee-shirts for sale(they come in size newborn to 3T (because I do not know anyone over the age of 3 that would actually wear a tee shirt with my name on it by choice)… If you agree with my sister, well, you don’t get anything.

1 comment: