Thursday, July 14, 2011

he wins this round


Thing 4: Love and Laughter trumps all.
Even Gucci bags and Jimmy Choo’s (but not by much)





This is an exchange of emails between Jamie and I early this morning, this is an example of why I am so rich in love and blessed in my relationship. Also, that I really need to step up my game when sending my good morning one liners to my fiancé.


From: Koay, Rai
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:51 AM
To: Jamie Vigliotta
Subject: So today already...

I was pelted in the face by a huge beetle, scared the crap out of me and I screamed just like a girl would getting hit by a beetle in the face in front of everyone.

And its only 8:50am!

How is your morning??


From: Jamie Vigliotta
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:03 AM
To: Koay, Rai
Subject: Re: So today already...

Did it give you a black eye? That’d make for a hell of a story (not that it isn’t already!).

My morning was pretty uneventful, compared to yours.

When I walked out the door this morning a man came parachuting out of the sky and landed on our front lawn. He was covered in blood, looked like he’d been shot. He was hurt bad, I helped him stand and then he whispered in my ear, “Don’t let Fermex gain control of the cypher”. Then he handed me a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket (also covered in blood). Then he died.

Just then bullets whizzed by my head! I had to duck and run behind our house for cover, but I had dropped the paper on the lawn. A black van screeched to stop right in front of our house and all these heavily armored guys got out with sub-machine guns pointed at me and started shooting, I had to run back while they were shooting at me to grab the paper on the ground next to the dead guy. When I picked it up I saw grenades attached to his belt, I grabbed one, pulled the pin and lobbed it at the van, it exploded on contact taking out all the guys shooting at me. I grabbed more weapons from the dead guy and stole one of our neighbors car (They’d most likely be looking for ours and I didn’t want it to get messed up if I got into a car chase, which inevitably I would). So I just start driving, anywhere. I looked at the paper and it’s this complex set of symbols, right when I look at it all this information floods my brain like it unlocked something up there. At that moment, I knew what the cypher was.

I had to get to Istanbul and I had to get there fast. I cant explain why, I’m flying a helicopter over Lake Michigan right now, (I have my work email on my phone).

I love you, I’ll keep you updated.


From: Koay, Rai
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:13 AM
To: Jamie Vigliotta
Subject: RE: So today already...

Please fly safe! I love you too, never forget that!

Why do I feel like I am yelling this? I am not even using caps; my adrenaline is just at a peak level right now!

I need you to listen to me… DO NOT COME HOME UNTIL YOU SOLVE THE CYPHER.

Do not be alarmed if when you return from Istanbul our house is bigger and my car is nicer and I am married to an Arabian Prince. It’s just something I have to do.

Im sure you understand. What you are doing right now is bigger than us, I understand that. I am a proud woman right now; you are so courageous baby, so unbelievably courageous.

Love always…

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, love it! Thank you, i needed an entertaining read while I sit with my son attached to my chest :-)

    ReplyDelete