Tuesday, August 2, 2011

California Dreamin'


I’ve realized that moving is kinda like going through a tough break-up.









I gave San Diego almost 6 years of my life, which other than growing up in Wild Wonderful West Virginia, that’s the longest I have ever stayed in one place… Which only means I loved it, I loved it a lot.

I still love it.

Just like a break-up, I long for the good memories we used to share and I dream about sitting on the beach, toes in the sand, Corona in one hand, watching the sunset (which is weird because I never even did this living by the beach and we haven’t been allowed to drink on the beach in years and even when we were, we weren’t allowed glass bottles and I just cant see myself buying cans of Corona... Now that I think about it, this dream is very unrealistic. But then again, it is only a dream; dreams are allowed to be unrealistic, right?). I also break out into impromptu crying any time a song comes on the radio that reminds me of California (which is basically every song I listen to). I’ve lost weight (which is great, I get to be on the break-up diet without actually going through a real break-up) and I think about driving by my old house in the middle of the night and throwing a brick through the window saying “TAKE THAT HOUSE! Take that for letting me move, you bastard!!(I would totally never do that to an ex-boyfriend by the way, this is all figuratively speaking. Plus it’s a 3 and half day drive to my old apartment and frankly, I just don’t have that kind of time. and gas prices are way high right now and even though I have a hybrid I really don’t want to put that many miles on my new car already). I miss the friends we used to share and the love of avocados, it was a real connection we had...

I miss you San Diego.

I miss your smell and your warm embrace. It wasn’t you, it was me. If you ever want to take me back, I am ready to come back home now…

Love,

Rai

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, come home now, we want you! Leighton and I are said that we don't get to drop by randomly and hang out with you guys, we want to bring Greysen over and see how Xander reacts, we want to drink cheap wine and play wii, we want to go on a double dates with you two while Mocha chills in her crate at your house. Aww, good times, so many and so missed!
    But on a lighter note, we will see you soon and feel free to stay with us part of the time you are here, if not all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I make this a threesome huh? I miss San Diego too, but Pittsburgh is a generous lover and we need to give her more of a chance (her... because it's not a devil's threesome) So let's get freaky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. California misses you and the fam as well :(

    P.S. This is your sister, the one who can't figure out why I'm unknown even after I sign in

    ReplyDelete