Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11

So the biggest difference I have noticed being vegan has been the ever growing hole in my bank account. It’s the most expensive “diet” I have ever been on. Eating shitty (aka uber healthy) food is expensive! I have also noticed that I eat twice as much as usual (yeah, I didnt think that was possible either), I am not sure if it’s due to lower caloric intake or that everything tastes like something I would feed the dog therefore I find myself dying to find a cheeseburger substitute, so I just eat everything stamped vegan and pray for some flavor. No cheese burger substitute yet but I have found a few faves that I will share incase any of you decide to do something as ridiculous as go vegan for a month!

Breakfast:
Soy-rizo & potato scramble
Fry up some potatoes with onion and peppers
Put potatos to the side and then fry up the fake chorizo
Once browned, add potatoes and mix over low heat
Warm vegan friendly tortillas and add mix with avocado and hot salsa (or mild salsa for those of you that can’t handle the heat)

Lunch:
Fake Chicken & Hummus Wrap
Fry your fake chicken in a pan with whatever spices you want
Warm your vegan friendly tortillas and add the chicken, lettuce, jalapeños and hummus of your choice
I also like to add a side of spicy black bean soup

Dinner:
Vegetable Marsala Burger
I usually top with hummus and avocado on vegan friendly bread, or you guessed it, a vegan friendly tortilla
I also add a side of either black bean soup or a baked potato with vegan chili on top

Hungry now aren't ya?


Well that's been my life for the past 11 days and will continue to be my life for the next 20 days. I just want to go into a wine coma (an organic vegan wine coma of course) and wake up in November. I would be lying if I said this was easy, it’s not, hell being vegetarian at this point is way cooler than being vegan. The only thing way cooler than being a vegetarian is being a meatatarian where you do things like normal people do.

How do I get myself into these situations?! I mean, who really needs to test their will power for no reason other than to make sure you still have some? I guess I do.

Next October I am going to give up giving up stuff.



Potential Halloween Costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment