Wednesday, October 26, 2011

free

These are the things my rockin body (rockin as in humpty dumpty not as in Cameron Diaz) has been free of for the past 26 days…

Free of Caffeine
Free of Meat
Free of Milk
Free of Cheese
Free of Animal Bi-Products of any sort
Free of Facebook
Free of Twitter
Free of Alcohol at least 4-5 days a week (sorry, a girl has limits)


These are the changes I have noticed:

• I have not gained or lost weight, I stayed exactly the same weight for the last month, which is unlike me. Usually I gain and lose around 10lbs every few weeks (I know, that cant be healthy)
• I feel much cleaner overall; as much as I crave all the great foods I have been deprived of, when I think about actually eating them I get a little queasy
• I AM STARVING
• I eat on average 5-6 times a day as a non-vegan, on this diet I catch myself hungry ALL the time, eating on average 6-8 times a day (I know, that cant be healthy)
• I have found a new love/hate relationship with beans… I will spare you the details.
• Surprising being caffeine free, I have had more energy the past month than when I was sucking down my usual 2 Starbucks a day.
• I AM STARVING
• I am so excited to eat a good meaty meal; I have already made reservations at a nice restaurant for the first weekend in November (true story, I.can.not.wait)
• I didn’t get sick as a vegan; maybe I learned my lesson as a vegetarian and remembered to take all of my vitamins but being a vegan had only positive effects on me whereas being a vegetarian for 147 days last year landed me in the hospital on several occasions.
• With that said, being vegan is NOTHING like being vegetarian. I can give up meat (with a gun to my head) but cheese was the real torture
• Which leads me to the realization of exactly how much I love cheese
• Which also leads me to believe that I am lactose intolerant again (yes again, I was as a child) but I just don’t know if I can give up dairy for good… As a matter of fact I know for sure I couldn’t give up dairy for good. Looks like I will be investing in some Lactaid
• Soy milk is way better than regular milk
• STILL STARVING
• I have never wanted the weeks/days/weekends to go by so fast in my life; I can not wait to be off this diet
• With that said, I will still incorporate a lot of the vegan diet habits into my regular diet on a daily basis, again, I can’t express enough how I have never felt so “clean” on any other diet/regimen
• Over processed food sucks
• We spent over double our weekly grocery budget as Vegans, so if you are considering going Vegan for good, I’d consider being rich too
• I am envy free since I have been off the Face; it’s been nice not knowing what every single person is doing at every single second of the day
• On the other hand, I have missed keeping in touch with my friends
• I did not miss Twitter once
• I have budgeted and re-budgeted my checking account like a million times, yeah , THAT was my Facebook substitute, how sad and how incredibly boring
• Which lead me to realize that I definitely do not utilize the World Wide Web to its full capacity
• Also, that I have almost no use for my phone other than to text when I am off all social media


Well, that about wraps up my Veganism-isums! (exciting stuff I know)

Next October I plan on a month of indulgence, this “will power” stuff is for the weak and feeble. I have proved strong and powerful through all of this(wanting to quit every single day is considered strong and powerful, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment