Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love..........Dad


I apologize to any readers that have not had the opportunity to meet my father. The only thing you really need to know about him for backstory is this: He is Malaysian, he has an accent, he is hilarious and he wears a Scottish kilt and bagpipes in a band. I will write a non-dad related blog later on. But for those of you that do know Larry, enjoy!

This all started when I was telling my sister about how I think our father may have accidently set his email signature as “Love...........Dad”. And maybe we should make sure that he hasn't been sending out his work emails ending in “Love.........Dad”.

A day later she got this:

[Please insert Malaysian accent]

Stephanie,
 
I mailed your stuff last night from UPS. They said it should be there in San Diego by Monday.
 
Here is the tracking number:1z291X9903
 
Love you..........Dad.


So, I wanted to see if his “.......” were consistent; and this is what I found:

Lorraine,
Here is your reservation.
Love.............Dad


The following emails are about me sending my dad out to find the Louie bag I want in Thailand. The trend of his emails continue... I think they are amazing. Also, he is yelling at me because I flooded his email with a dozen or so pictures of the EXACT bag I want... (I can’t help that I am a girl that knows exactly what she wants!) He apparently did not find the abundance of pictures humoring.

Lorraine,
I got it. Will try to find one.
Love...........Dad.

Lorraine,
I seen enough of the bag you want. Hope I can find it here. I am now in Changi Airport in Singapore. The time is now 2:00am My flight leave at 9:00am for Kuala Lumpur. I have over 9 hours layover. It's been a very long flight from Pittsburgh.
I love you.............Dad.

Lorraine,
Finally made it to Penang. Uncle Kenny and Aunt Kathy are here. Uncle George will be here by Thursday since he missed his flight on Saturday to fly here with me. Will keep you posted on your bag.
Love.............Dad.

Hey! Girls,

See if these are the purses you like. Please choose the one you like.
Lorraine, the guy said that he will have the bucket purse by tomorrow.
Let me know ASAP.

Love.............Dad.

Lorraine,

Aunt Kathy is here. She is the one who picked out the purses. She know the quality and she said it looked and feel very good. Do you wear watches? They have designer watches like Rolex, Omega, etc. They looked good. I have bought a few for myself yesterday at the market. So far, I have done nothing but eat, eat, and eat. Every night we have been invited out to dinner and eating all the delicious local foods. Your Aunt Kathy has been trying everything too. So far we have ben lucky, no stomach problem.

Will keep you posted.
Love.................Dad.

Lorraine,

It's not me. Uncle Kenny and Aunt Kathy are the shoppers. I got the Louie Vitton handbags. You guys will have to pick out which ones you like.

Having fun so far. Aunt Kathy is going home on Sunday. We will be doing more eating and eating. It seems that is all I have done since I got here other than shopping. I am not complaining, the food are great and so cheap.

Uncle George made it today. He is with his mom and Dad now but will be at the hotel soon. I can't wait. Just kidding. I will have to hear his bitching for the next few days. Uncle Kenny's girlfriend is coming in tonight too. We are all anxiously waiting to see and meet her. She is from Thailand.

Love.............Dad


You get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment