Sunday, March 13, 2011

East Bound: Chapter 1 Volume I

So after a grueling week of packing, cleaning, scraping, packing, cleaning, scraping, packing and saying our goodbyes, we are finally well on our way out east!

Personally, I think if any couple can survive a big move like this, they can survive just about anything (we are hoping for a Zombie Apocalypse next, we are surprisingly more prepared for that).

Here are a few highlights of the trip so far:

1) Having the pleasure of driving through the desert and noticing that it looks the same whether you are 20 minutes into it or 12 hours into it. It felt like running on a treadmill, but we are driving, not running and the treadmill is really big and has dirt and a mountain painted on the wall... and well, that about sums up the scenery so far.
2) Trying to find Cowbell in the car, you never know where her sneaky butt is hiding. We tried to “walk” her on a leash but she immediately rolled around in the dirt/mud/ash/motor oil/and other random desert stuff; she is no longer fluffy white, Cowbell is now flat poop brown.
3) Jamie broke his toe and I have 2 black eyes, possibly unrelated.
4) We wanted to take "lots of pictures” on the journey, but I am never able to get the camera fast enough to take the cool pictures of things we pass (cool is relative at this point), plus my “traveling outfit” is not the most flattering thing I own. As a matter of fact, I ran into Walmart real quick to grab a few things and I am pretty sure I may end up in the next “People of Walmart” chain email you get, look for me!
5) Passing 2 city signs back to back, one reading "Truth or Consequences Elephant Butte" and the next "Rock Hound City of Rocks". I don't even have a comment for those, except that I am sad I wasn't quick enough to take pictures and too lazy to turn around.
6) Paying for an extra night in a hotel just to sleep in...


Goodnight ya'll <3









Note: Truly my favorite thing about road trips is attempting to fix lunches in the car (note to self: everything, EVERYTHING explodes after traveling- I have been covered in mustard, mayo, ketchup and hot sauce... to start) Anyways, it reminds me of road trips with my grandparents when I was younger, where my mamaw would so gracefully fix us a Spam and Mustard sandwiches during our long journeys to Florida... I never recall her being covered in condiments... But oh well, I'm learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment